Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2014

Professional Reading

There are several books I intend to read for fun this summer... the Divergent Series, new books from Mary Monroe. Then there are the 3 professional books I intend to read this summer. I've got them in my Amazon cart ready to purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1416957766/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PMDOZ57D8DAP&coliid=I8RMO3RERAKH4

Each habit has a story that illustrates it, a little tidbit for parents or teachers to read, discussion questions, and several suggestions on how a child can implement that habit. I look forward to implementing this in my classroom this year. I've already created some posters and I'm in the process of creating a clip chart and a leadership binder for each student.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984816712/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PMDOZ57D8DAP&coliid=I1XTLT3E0BZW17

I've seen many ideas on Pinterest about Whole Brain Teaching. I decided it was finally time to read the book. Not sure if I'll implement the entire program next year but I may implement parts of it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1490821236/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PMDOZ57D8DAP&coliid=I3IWRFXII3Q69W

This is the perfect resource for Christian teachers, it provides tips and strategies to help you do just what the title suggests: create the classroom you've always wanted. This book contains fifty daily readings designed to help new teachers conquer the learning curve and to bring fresh ideas to veterans.

What professional books are you reading this summer? Have you read these, what do you think about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment